by Julianna Gąsiorowska

Christmas truck - block in '12 days of Christmas' Sampler QAL


Dziś chciałabym Wam zaprezentować mój blok w '12 days of Christmas' Sampler QAL.
Oto jego główna część:

/ Today I would like to present you my block in '12 days of Christmas' Sampler QAL.
Here's the main part of my block:



Świąteczna ciężarówka ma wymiary ok. 18 cm x 20 cm - by blok miał wymiary 12,5 cala dodałam ramkę:

/ Christmas truck measures about inches 7 x 8 inches - to make from it 12,5 inches block it need to be framed:


[ zdjęcie wkrótce - baterie aparatu ładują się:)
/ image coming soon - camera batteries are loading:)]


Schemat paper piecing do tego bloku znajdziecie TUTAJ.
UWAGA! Szyjąc metodą pp ciężarówka będzie wyglądała inaczej niż na moim zdjęciu (lustrzane odbicie).

/ Paper piecing pattern you'll find HERE.
Important! Regular method of pp will give you the mirror image of the pattern (your truck will look different than mine).


Pierwsza strona schematu pomoże Wam zorientować się w kolorystyce poszczególnych części, druga strona jest do wydrukowania.
Jeśli chcecie by świąteczny samochód był większy wystarczy drugą stronę odpowiednio powiększyć za pomocą kserokopiarki.
Dobrze jest najpierw wydrukować drugą stronę i sprawdzić, czy tkaniny, którymi dysponujecie będą dobre do wycięcia poszczególnych elementów (kierowca, prezenty).

Pomocny przy szyciu części z kierowcą będzie tutorial, który znajdziecie TUTAJ.

/ First page of the pattern will help you to see colors for each part, second page of the pattern need to be printed.
If you would like to make the truck bigger, simply use a photocopy machine to enlarge the pattern.
It's good to print firstly the pattern in original size and check if your fabrics will let you for fussy cuts the driver or gifts.

To help you with fussy cuts in paper piecing I made a tutorial - you'll find it HERE.


UWAGA! Do każdego elementu (oznaczonego na schemacie A, B, C itd) należy dodać zapas na szwy!

/ ATTENTION! To each element (marked as A, B, C and so on) you'll need to add seam allowance!


Po uszyciu ciężarówki wg schematu, należy dodać bordery, naszyć kółka (użyłam ściegu zygzakowego) i doszyć ramkę.

/ After sewing the truck using the pattern, you need to add also some borders, applique wheels (I simply use zig-zag stitch to applique circles) and frame the truck.


Niestety nie zamieszczę tutka jak szyć metodą pp, gdyż... robię to zupełnie na inaczej niż należy! Tak, tak - nie byłam pilną uczennicą i korzystając z instrukcji szycia tą metodą wykoncypowałam swój własny sposób (który jest nieco trudniejszy niż prawidłowy sposób szycia metodą pp).

Możecie jednak skorzystać z wspaniałych tutoriali stworzonych przez utalentowane blogerki:
- tutorial Koroneczki - po POLSKU,
- tutorial Fresh Lemon Quilts - po ANGIELSKU.

/ Unfortunately I won't put here tutorial about paper piecing, just because... I do it in totally different way that it should be done! Yes, yes - I wasn't good pupil and when I found tutorial about pp, I just took a quick look and made it totally different. Now it's too late to change my habbits:) My way of paper piecing is a bit difficult than regular way, so there's no point to show it.

If you don't know anything about paper piecing, please see wonderful tutorials made by talented bloggers:
- Koroneczka tutorial - in POLISH,
- Fresh Lemon Quilts tutorial - in ENGLISH.


PS. To jest mój pierwszy schemat pp - wzór narysowałam na kartce, a potem w Paincie. Części są przygotowane dobrze, ale nie jestem pewna, czy ciężarówka będzie się Wam podobała.
A więc... na wszelki wypadek przygotowuję drugi blok w ramach QAL i postaram się go umieścić jak najszybciej!

/ PS. This is my first pp pattern - I simply draw it on paper and then in Paint. The parts are made accurately, but I'm not sure if you like it.
So... just in case I'm preparing second block for this QAL and it will be posted soon!


31 lovely comments / miłych komentarzy:

  1. When I click the link to get to the pattern, there is nothing there so it is possible I don't have permission to view your document in google docs. I will be back later. Thanks. Lovely block!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Świetne autko! Ciekawe co Ty tam jeszcze wymyślisz ;)
    A puf jest rewelacyjny!!! Oczywiście jak zwykle Twoje prace energetyczne i kolorowe. Niesamowite :)
    Dzięki za odwiedziny :) :P

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  3. That is a wondeful project - I could see an entire little bly quilt with toys in the back. Thanks so much.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  4. Love your design- what a cute block too!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  5. Bardzo ciekawa ciężarówka :-)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  6. dla mnie to czarna magia-pamiętam jeszcze jak namieszałam robiąc domki na narzucie mojej córki:]

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  7. Świetny!! Rewelacyjnie wykorzystałaś ozdobne elementy tkanin. Bardzo mi się podoba:)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  8. Ohhh my dear I just love this..simply love it..fabulous block

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  9. Wow, it is so cute, I hope to give it a try!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  10. This is beautiful and I am going to try it for sure!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  11. Very sweet block!! I've never done pp but one of these days....

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  12. I've been paper piecing a lot lately, and this is the cutest block!!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  13. fantastycznie to wymysliłaś! No kapitalny blok!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  14. This is adorable! I love how you used the little girl's profile in the truck window. :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  15. I love this block! So will my kids.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  16. Hi! Your Christmas block is so unique and wonderful! Thank you for sharing!
    x Teje

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  17. I love this. I am going to try it...I hope I can get my fabrics to "work" ;)!!!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  18. gorgeous little christmas truck - thanks

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  19. Cutest block ever! Thanks. I just finished making mine(except for the wheels). I still havent decided how I will make the wheels.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  20. I am in LOVE with your block!! Thank you for sharing!!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  21. Very sweet - I love it and I am impressed that this is your first paper pieced block design. I don't think I would have an ounce of the success you have had. Looking forward to more! Thank you!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  22. świetny pomysł na PP z ta ciężarówkę, i dzięki za kursik !!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  23. It's truly an unique design and I love it. Thanks!!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  24. Cute block! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  25. Super cute block. Thanks for sharing it with us:0)

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  26. Just found the design. Thanks, it is great.

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  27. I love this, thank you for sharing!

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Veni... Vidi... Comentare...:)))

Dziękuję za pozostawiony przez Ciebie ślad!
W miarę możliwości staram się odpisać e-mailowo autorowi każdego komentarza. Moje odpowiedzi na blogu zamieszczam, gdy może to pomóc innym czytelnikom.

/ Thank you for your lovely comment!
If possible, I try to respond to every comment. I put my answers on the blog when it could help other readers.

>